- Anti-Oppression Interactions
- Building Equity among Professional Learning Communities
- Acknowledging our DiversityTraining and consultation is provided to:
- k-12 Educational communities
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Not for profit agencies
- Government agencies
- Faith based communities
- Health and wellness communities
Who should attend our training?
Parents, teenagers, extended family members, employers, social workers, teachers, counselors, school administrators, medical professionals, small business owners, non-profit agencies, government entities, those in helping professions, and those intending to achieve success when working with others.
Horizon Counseling Services, LLC can help you, staff, professionals, counselors, students, and volunteers and or parents expand upon their understanding of issues reflective of their cultural environment and its effect upon work productivity. John and his staff will help you design a training based specifically to match the needs of your audience.
- race, sexual minorities, ageism, poverty and social justice as well as other social identifications are explored within a teaching and experiential environment.
- Anti-oppression information regarding the specific effects of exploitation upon class and community.
- Skill building for the change-agent, including exploring our own culture and family of origin in search of discovery of inner strengths and weaknesses.
- ‘mindfulness’ training for counselors and social change agents, and how to maintain a state of positive regard and openness when working within oppressive environments or helping individuals cope within the same.
John brings real life examples, including his own experience living in a multiracial couple and family within the Northwest region of the United States. His combination of professional knowledge and personal experience makes for an inspiring and informative training.